When I first started my business I never dreamed that I would end up specializing in Surprise Proposal Photography, but that is exactly what has happened. Since 2009 I have photographed more than 50 proposals in NYC. A majority take place in Central Park, but I’ve also captured proposal’s at Top of the Rock (the observation deck at Rockefeller Center) as well as in the Brooklyn Bridge Park in Brooklyn Heights overlooking the Manhattan skyline and the famous Brooklyn Bridge. The men who contact me are from all over the world…the United States as well as Europe and Mexico! It’s OK if you’ve never been to NYC. I will do my best to help figure out your game plan to make it as special as can be.
To photograph a proposal is such a joy. That you trust me to share and capture that special, priceless moment is quite an honor and I never take that lightly. I do my best to make the experience fun and worry free. I am always open to new ideas and can not wait to hear from you! Here’s a basic rundown of the experience…
* You contact me with the basic details…a day, time and place. Please note: In most cases I will not do night time proposal shoots. In winter months the sun goes down early, so proposals need to take place before 4pm.
* We hammer out the details. I will ask you to email me a fairly recent photo of the two of you so I can recognize you on the day.
* On the day of the proposal, we’ll touch base via text message. I always tell my guys to have a good text “excuse” (work, family, friend) so that she doesn’t get suspicious. In the past texting has been a vital part of the day going off without a hitch.
* We will “meet” at our desired location and I will get a few candids before you pop the question.
* After you’ve proposed, you’ll take a minute or two to enjoy the moment. Then I get revealed!
* Now it’s time for photos where she’s actually aware of it! We’ll take about an hour or so of portraits in and around the area you choose to propose. NOTE: Most girls want to look nice when having their photo taken! Please make an effort to have your girlfriend put makeup on, do her hair, dress nice, etc. Many of my guys have flat out lied to their girlfriends in order to get them to dress up! I can help with excuses if you need me to.
* That’s it! Once the photo shoot is over, I take your payment and you’re free to call your families and friends and celebrate! If you’ve got an idea for a proposal, get in touch! I’ll do my best to accommodate you.